Tuesday, September 04, 2007

March 7, 2006

A new day. We are sitting in a very frustrating place right now with regards to our adoption. We are paperwork ready to send in our home study, but just about the time we think we are going to get it sent in something else comes up that needs money. Extremely frustrating. I am working on remembering that it is not about my timing, but about God's. Not an easy task for this Mom. We are hoping that, barring any more unforseen issues, we will get our home study submitted by mid May and then be able to get our Dossier sent off to China by early September. At the current rates, that would mean we get Mackenzie's referral in the ball park of mid to late June next year. We would then probably travel end of July early August . . . hot & humid, my favorite! Oh well a small price to pay to hold that precious baby for the first time. I think it is beginning to sink in with Nate how far away we are from actually bringing Mackenzie home. He has begun to mention that it is taking a long time and he is sad that it will take an even longer time still. It does my heart good to see him so excited to be a big brother; at the same time I feel is sadness over the length of the process. We have not decided yet for sure whether or not Nate will travel to China with us. We see both pros and cons to both options and will just have to wait and see what works out closer to travel time. I have a confession. I have done a bit of shopping. There are so many adorable little girl outfits out there I could not help myself. I purchased 12 month size figuring I would be pretty close. I have had to pretty much stay away from the baby section now that the Easter dresses are out. They are a bit pricey, but oh so adorable, I just know I would end up buying something. What can I say, I'm a bit excited about my little girl.Another couple from our church is in China right now getting to know their new son. They were united as a family on Monday, what a blessing! We cannot wait to meet Benjamin face to face. Well so long for today. Please pray for us as we wait on the Lord's timing and provision in our adotpion. ~T

No comments: