Tuesday, September 04, 2007

June 29, 2006

Well, so much has happened since my last post. We have sent in our LOI (letter of intent) for Wang Cong who is waiting for us in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. I cannot even begin to express the joy and excitement that knowing the face of our daughter brings me. I had not even dared dream that we would know without a doubt who you our beautiful Mackenzie would be this early in our process.I want to share the story of miracles that led us to you sweet Wang Cong - soon to be Mackenzie Eilene Cong.Way back in late February or early March Daddy and I began considering our choices in adopting. Our original thoughts like those of many other families were for a healthy baby girl under 2 years old. When you begin the adoption process that is what you hear about most. We truly wanted a daughter and we knew that unlike many families we had the resources (a fabulous health insurance plan) to care for a variety of medical needs. As we considered this option I began to watch our agency's Waiting Child list. It was there and then that I saw your beautiful face for the first time. I committed then and there to pray for you until you found your forever family. Before we had come to any conclusions regarding adopting a child with medical needs a family announced that they were adopting you. I was so happy for you. God had answered my prayers for a precious child and she had found a family. My sweet Kenzie, it was shortly after that that Daddy and I realized that we really did want to adopt a child with medical needs. We had no doubt about this. We did not yet know who you were but we knew you would come from our agency's WC list. A little girl came available and we requested her file, but another family had already requested her file and shortly chose to adopt her. And so we waited and prayed for you Mackenzie, still not knowing who you were. Early in May I saw a post stating that the family that was going to adopt you was unable to adopt at this time. There was a situation with the husbands job that caused them to put adoption on hold. That family was very sad to return your referral to the agency. I saw you back on our agency's list and prayed, then I talked to your Daddy on Mother's Day and we both knew that you were our daughter. I called our agency on Monday and asked to see your file. I was once again told that another family was reviewing your file. I was not worried though because I knew you were our daughter. Ten days later I got a call from the agency. I was sure they were going to tell me that your file was available. Instead of joy though I was devastated when I was told the family wanted to adopt you. Of course I was happy that you had a family, but I really felt like you were our daughter. We continued to pray for you and for your new family. Two weeks later on June 15 our agency called me again and told me that this family too was unable to adopt and asked if we wanted your file. Of course we did!! I was so happy I cried and was a complete basket case all the remainder of that day. Now my dear Kenzie please know that the families that could not adopt were both saddened by that. They wanted you very much. God knew though who your Mommy, Daddy and big brother were. He knew you were our Mackenzie. Dear one, even as Mommy was getting the joyous news your Gramma Spiess was in a store in DC and a beautiful magnet jumped out at her. The verse on the magnet is 1Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him." Your truly are the answer to all of our prayers. You have touched the lives of so many families that have been praying for you - and God chose us to be your parents. Out of all of the people in this world God chose us! We are so blessed that you will be joining our family.Your big brother has prayed for you every night since we first asked about you. He is so excited for us to come and get you and bring you home. Your Nannie and Gampie in MA are so excited and eager to meet you. Gramma & Grampa Spiess in CA are just as eager. Then there are your aunts and uncles - and our dear friends Connie, Jonathan & Lyida - and so many others - you just cannot imagine how your arrival is being anticipated. I hope sweet girl that you understand how unlikely it is that two different families would commit to adopting a child and then be unable to adopt any child. God orchestrated miracles to bring you to us. We know that your heart condition is serious - we know that the same God that worked miracles to bring you home will also work through the hands of the surgeons to repair the defects in your heart. We cannot wait to see what He has in store for your life. I did pray for you dear daughter and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him - YOU!!

No comments: